6/29/08

None of my Exes live in Texas

Stolen from Kristina's blog--I love to reminisce.

EXES SURVEY

Have you had many exes?
Not as many as some, more than others. If I had to guess, I'd say about 10.

Did any of your ex’s have pet names for you when you dated?
I'm sure they did, but I certainly don't remember back that far.

Did you ever re-date an ex?
Once they're officially an ex, no. No point in burning yourself on the same stove twice. If we played around in a grey area, maybe, but I'm not usually a very grey person in relationships.

If yes, how did that work out?
It was a waste of my time, but I don't think I'd appreciate my husband as much if I han't gone through it.

Do you have any ex’s you wish you would have been friends with instead of dated?
Not really. I tended to date people I didn't necessarily want to be friends with. It was mostly about physical attraction for me, and once the relationship ended, my physical attraction ended as well. I have no hard feelings toward them, but we wouldn't have been good friends even if we hadn't dated.

Do you have any regrets about an ex?
I don't regret anything I've ever done.

Do you do the breaking up or do the ex’s do the leaving?
I was usually too chickenshit to break up with people, so I instead became unbearable so they'd leave. That way I didn't have to deal with them anymore, but I didn't have to feel guilty, either.

If you could completely remove all trace of an ex from your life, would you?
Nah. I barely remember dating anyone other than Eddie anyway.

What is a good memory you have of an ex?
My memory isn't my strong point. Probably just going to shows, hanging out, that sort of thing. I can't remember too much specifically.

Were any of your ex’s the jealous type?
One was, but he was smart enough not to be so to my face. I don't like people who are too clingy. If I'm with someone, I'm with them and no one else. I don't like people enough to bother cheating.

Has an ex stalked you after the break up?
Not an ex, but I did have an acquaintance fall in love with me and not take "fuck, no" for an answer. He used to try to deliver flowers to me, leave me gifts and shit. I threw them all away and told him to leave me alone. He was really creepy.


Did you ever have an ex steal from you? What did they take?

One ex stole my writing and used it to write a letter to his other girlfriend (who I didn't know about.) This same ex gave me stolen merchandise for my birthday. He was quite a catch. ;)

What was the creepiest thing an ex has done after you broke up?
Other than trying to come back to me, nothing.

Do you have any ex’s that you wish you would have married?
Oh good god, no. What a horrifying thought.

Are you friends with your ex’s?
I wouldn't say we hang out much, but I have nothing against most of them. Even the ones I dislike I wouldn't fight with. I barely have time for my own family; I'm not going to waste it on exes.

Will any of your ex’s read this?
I doubt it, but what do I know?

No comments: