5/10/08

Obsession of the week.

Okay, so in an effort to post a blog on here more than once in a blue fuckin' moon, I'm introducing a series I'd like to call Obsession of the Week. Once a week, whenever I get a wild hair you-know-where, I'll let you in on anything special that might be giving me more pause than normal, no matter how small or silly.

And I can get pretty silly, so be forewarned.

And so without further ado, this week's obsession is:

Band Aid Pink



You know the colour, not quite pink, not quite beige, a little lavendar thrown in for good measure. You can't put your finger on it, but you've seen it before--on thousands, literally thousands, of 'fleshtone' Band-aids. No one has flesh that colour, and yet there it is. And I love it, even though it's a pastel form of puce. I love it so much, I am now sporting it on my recently pedicured piggies.

It's the same non-colour of my gramma's all-metal 1950's Singer sewing machine, the 60 year old beast that's powered through nearly 10,000 garments with little complaint. It's not so purty, but it's sturdy.

Band Aid Pink. Hue of kings. My obsession de la semaine.

No comments: